Hello, my friends,
Apart from what I eat in a day, I often get asked about the sports in my life.
In short, sport is an integral part of my everyday routine. Without workouts your body loses strength, endurance, becomes weak, ugly, sleepy and lazy. All metabolic processes slow down, the body receives less nutrition and life becomes dull.
I love sports since childhood (from 90s shaping classes and choreography to tennis, yoga, pilates and boxing) and seriously recommend everyone finding workouts to their liking and not missing a single day without training!
I just got off my yoga mat after completion of my pre-lunch (or post-breakfast if you wish) workout and I’m ready to share the top 16 Youtube channels which I often use for my home sport routines.
Generally I’m doing like a 35-50 minute workout in the day time. That’s enough to get sweaty and have a good shake after sitting by computer since morning. If you don’t have a chance to do a workout during the day, at least try to change the pose once in every 30-40 minutes, walk around, do some easy gymnastics to take the pressure off your eyes and spine.
I love doing pilates mat videos as well as barre-based and short workouts for certain muscle groups. I’m doing several 10-minute videos in a row since, honestly, I get bored very quickly and there’s nothing worse for me than an hour workout where you have same 5 exercises repeated throughout the class.
So here’s a list of channels I’ve chosen after years of good search (and I hope there are more to explore):
- 30-45-minutes cardio by POPSUGAR – my absolute go for! If you feel like jumping, sweating, training the whole body and feeling like a rock-star – try this Janet video with elements of kick-boxing or a quick calorie-torching tabata with Raneir, the time will fly by, and the results are worth your efforts! If you feel like dancing, thy this one.
- Rebecca Louise ‘Feel the burn’ with Rebecca! This girl is so energetic that you can’t resist her challenging workouts. She offers quick workouts which you can easily do at home. Her voice and enthusiasm feel you up with extra powers to complete the video. Do your abs, arms or thighs with her. You’ll see the results!
- Blogilates This lady is fun. Cassey is also very energetic, fast and encouraging. Her quick arms series make my shoulders, biceps and back burn!
- GymRa offers you good variety of videos. I prefer videos with Paula (you’ll feel you have your core and lower abs) and pilates leg series.
- Fitnessblender These guys offer timer based workouts for various muscle groups. They are rather slow but you can really see the results if you choose the right video for yourself. I love their pilates-based ‘bikini body workout’ which I seriously adapted to myself, – while they do easy versions of hundreds or bridges I’m doing 2-3 level higher options which I like. But I love that their workouts come with no stress. Try them out.
- Tracy Campoli Tracy is optimistic and sweet, her short workouts target various muscles and are great if you repeat those several times. I love her standing abs and arms workouts.
- Lazy Dancer tips Well, feel yourself a dancer, do those tough workouts if you want your muscles to be tight. If you like dancer workouts, I highly recommend you also try these video series from BeFit.
- Tara Stiles yoga Nice and easy yoga routines from NYC. Really good for energizing mornings or quick flexibility moves.
- Yoga with Adriene If you love soulful yoga or you are a yoga beginner Adriene is the perfect instructor to follow and practice with. She’s absolutely amazing, I fell in love with her practices from the very first video. I used to do her videos every day twice a day couple of years ago when I was deeply into yoga. She’s very peaceful. Just follow her voice and enjoy your yoga mat journey.
- Fightmaster Yoga Lesley is a fantastic instructor. She’s very calm, her videos are strong but comforting and I still do some of her yoga practices (despite that I’m not doing much yoga these days). Another thing I really like about Lesley – she films in various beautiful places, always outdoors.
- Boho beautiful Julianna is a sunny person. Her pilates and yoga videos are quite intense if you want them to be.
- MadFit and – if you’re serious about the results, – that’s your channel. 20 minutes of her core videos every day and you won’t recognize yourself in 2 weeks!Pamela Reif
- Pamela Reif – this beautiful lady will make your core burn! Try her booty and legs videos as well.
- KymNonStop – feeling like a seated workout? That’s not as easy as you imagine! You’ll definitely feel your arms and shoulders the next day, as well as the abs. And a good set of cardio is always good for you, too.
- Bailey Brown – you can do anything for 5 minutes, right? Her short yet effective videos are really enjoyable.
Lucy Wyndham-Read – I love to finish up my before-lunch-sport-routine with her – low intensity that brings good results and satisfaction.
It’s extremely important that you workout every day at least once a day (but do it full power).
Your heart should be pumping your blood effectively so you should do your cardio to live longer and healthier. You should train your heart, have the pulse go up while training. And it doesn’t matter whether you run, jump, dance, doing squats or working on your six pack. Whenever you do it effectively you’ll have your heart rate go up and that’s your goal. Not only you’ll have a beautiful body but a long healthy=high quality life.
In addition to day-time workouts I also do a 15-minute warm-up before breakfast (mostly yoga based) and never miss my evening 1 hour trainings with free weights for every major muscle group (by days).
Workouts 3 times a day give me a lot of energy, inspiration and satisfaction. Especially when I see the results!
Summary: 16 best youtube channels for quick yet effective workouts
- Cardio by POPSUGAR
- Rebecca Louise
- Tracy Campoli
- Lazy Dancer tips + BeFit
- Tara Stiles yoga
- Yoga with Adriene
- Fightmaster Yoga
- Boho beautiful
- Pamela Reif
- Bailey Brown
- Lucy Wyndham-Read
What sports do you do?
See you on the mat!