This is the day, my friends! I made my first pizza today and it turned out fantastic!
Probably, there is no person on Earth who wouldn’t like pizza at all. There is a great variety of recipes for this truly delicious Italian dish. There are salty options, savory, hot, sweet pizzas, vegan, made with yeast and without… for every taste!
I have to admit, I’m a big pizza fan myself. Although I eat it not as often as wish I was, but I know what a good pizza should taste like.
I had a firm conviction that pizza should be authentic, made by Italians and only in a wood-burning stove. However, today, having made my own pizza, I realized that something extraordinary could be cooked at home, too.
By tradition, the recipe appeared when I realized I had an ingredient that had to be used rather sooner, and this time it was cheese. I had my favorite cheddar and parmesan leftovers, but I didn’t want to make some ordinary toasts…
Of course, there was pasta and cheese option, but I made corn fusilli with avocado-pesto yesterday (recipe soon!). Therefore, today we have a yeast-free pizza with cheddar and parmesan, garlic, spinach, and chili.
The main thing in pizza is a tasty crunchy dough! As it turned out, it is made incredibly easy!
By the way, this dough is also suitable for vegan pizza/focaccia, because you’ll only use wheat flour, water, olive oil, baking powder and salt. Well, as usual, I didn’t stop just there, and in the end, I added flax meal and oat flour, and some black pepper (although you can skip it).
Pizza is about your imagination.
You can literally add everything to your pizza, any ingredients you love. I really like cheese, bright colors and juiciness of sweet tomatoes, hot chili patterns, spiciness and palatability of garlic (by the way, from Ancient times, garlic has been known as a strong aphrodisiac and the medicine for many diseases), Italian Basil and Oregano, a pleasant freshness of spinach … I mean Real pizza!
By tradition, I’m telling you the tricks of cooking. Everyone knows that top quality ingredients are key to success. However, when it comes to pizza, it’s very important to make a proper dough since it plays a key role in pizza as a dish, so I’ll tell you about it.
- First of all, to make the dough really tasty, let it rest for a bit, for about 20-30 minutes in a warm place. Be patient.
- Secondly, roll out the dough as thin as possible, this way your crust will be crispier!
- Third, sprinkle the baking tray with some flour so that pizza doesn’t stick to the sheet, and send your dough to the oven without the filling for about 5 minutes, so that it dries and roasts slightly. This point and the next one will help make your pizza crispy and delicious.
- It’s very important that the dough is not wet, otherwise, you’ll fail. To keep the dough dry, do not put tomatoes right on it. I would recommend sprinkling the dough with olive oil, spreading the garlic first, then cheese, salt and spices, and then lay out the tomatoes. Add grated cheese again. Sprinkle spinach over this splendor, if you like add onions, pepper, salt, add chili. You can also add slices of bell pepper or thin, translucent zucchini slices (best made with a veg peeler!).
- Pizza is baked in 10 minutes, and the result will exceed your expectations! For a beauty touch, you can also grease the crust with olive oil.
In my opinion, it’s super simple! Not counting the time while the dough rests, making pizza at home will take you no more than 20 minutes! Enjoy your meal!
What is your favorite pizza?