Oh, that smoothie jar…
As you may know, my first breakfast is unchangeable and it’s always raw fruits and veggies.
For today I made myself a smoothie jar with pumpkin banana ice-cream. I added some oat milk to the dessert-like breakfast and I suggest that you do, too. You may use any other plant-based milk, however, after I learned oat milk was the fastest dairy-free milk to make I keep making it continuously. I figured its secret, changed the proportions and now I enjoy it even more. Moreover, any smoothie you make with homemade oat milk becomes very creamy, thick and more interesting (if you know what I mean).
This smoothie jar was like a true ice-cream! Actually more like a milkshake – thick, silky, sweet and filling. And refreshing (raw pumpkin is a miracle!).
You’ll get a bunch of nutrients and endorphins from such morning dessert.
For the additional vitamins intake I recommend adding fresh pineapple and sweet tangerines (which perfectly go with the smoothie flavor). By the way, pumpkin + walnuts (smoothie topping) are a magical combination! And together with coconut nectar…it’s like the favorite caramel ice-cream from childhood, but healthy and nutritious!
I still can’t forget the taste of my breakfast smoothie jar though I had it hours ago…
I’m happy to share this delicious breakfast recipe
- 2 raw bananas
- 2 frozen bananas
- 150g raw pumpkin
- 3 dates or sweet apricots
- 70ml cinnamon oat milk
- walnuts/pumpkin seeds
- coconut nectar* (it’s hard to find but it’s delicious)
- bee pollen
- chia seeds
- Cut the pumpkin, put all the ingredients together and blend on high (will go hard but be patient, it’s worth it)
- Put 1/3 raw banana to the bottom of your jar, add tangerine pieces and pineapple chunks
- Pour your ice-cream to cover half of the jar
- Add some chia seeds and pour the ice-cream to the top
- Top with walnuts/pumpkin seeds and bee pollen
- Pour your favorite syrup on top
P.S. All toppings are optional. You may not have chia or bee pollen to hand, don’t worry. Just add some coconut flakes or flax seeds instead.