Oatmeal cookies…a sweet escape to childhood.
There are so many oatmeal cookies recipes… Let’s make some healthy vegan cookies today! Oatmeal, by the way, is very healthy itself, read more about it here.
Honestly, I love cookies even more than cakes. I like to chew them on the run or have a few for dessert. I love oatmeal and since I don’t have a gluten allergy I can eat oats all day long. I’m also a peanut butter addict, so a combination of oats and PB is simply tempting. And I like to use ginger in desserts, it’s a bit spicy, refreshing and comforting. And these chewy oatmeal cookies I made today are very peanut buttery with ginger aftertaste, you’ll love them!
These cookies are a great example of how healthy ingredients could turn into a delicious healthy snack.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup peanut butter* (best to make yourself or buy a high quality organic one)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp grated ginger (or powdered)
- 1/3 tsp salt*
*If your peanut butter is salty, then exclude salt from the recipe
- Blend the oats first so they are more flour-like, but don’t grind them completely
- Add the rest of the ingredients to oats and blend well
- Form the cookies and bake at 180 for 12-15 minutes (don’t get them burnt)
I really like to eat these cookies with nana ice-cream! What about you?