Well, it’s 4 o’clock already and I feel like drinking something hearty, frothy, spicy and filling.
Why not make a quick turmeric latte! It’s great success I made some almond milk yesterday.
Few words about the drink
Turmeric Latte is also known as Golden Milk which magically transfers us to its roots (literally speaking).
Latte in fact means steamed milk. Turmeric is a bright herbal root not being widely used by Western world till rather recently (the beginning of 20th century). Turmeric was well-known to ancient Eastern civilizations and is very common for Ayurvedic culture which uses curcumin (the main chemical of turmeric) as medical treatment.
This root indeed has a lot of health benefits. It’s believed to boost your immunity, improve your skin and help with inflammation and bone recovery, it also works as natural antiseptic and antidepressant.
Golden Milk is caffeine-free and can be served hot or cold. And is amazing both ways.
So, let’s make it. It will take 5-7 minutes, just wait for your kettle to boil.
Turmeric Latte Recipe
- 3/4 cup plant milk (I used Almond)
- 1/2 cup hot boiled water
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric (use fresh if you have it!)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Grated ginger
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a cup mix together turmeric powder, honey, coconut oil, cinnamon, ginger and hot water.
- Steam your milk with a steamer or simply warm it on a stove
- Add all ingredients to your heat-proof blender (my Vitamix is), blend until well combined, pour to your favorite cup and enjoy!
You may play with ingredients really. Substitute honey with other sweetener you prefer. Add cardamom pods, add vanilla or some coconut butter.